The power of water
Our bodies are composed up to 80% water, which is one of the reasons it is a vital component of health.
Drinking water is crucial to health, and many health professionals estimate the average person needs about 2 litres a day to remain sufficiently hydrated. But sometimes it can be hard to drink the correct amount and this can lead to dehydrated. Signs of dehydration include:
- Feeling thirsty
- Dry mouth
- Dry skin
Ensuring you drink enough water is important for health. Water promotes skin health, flushes out toxins and keeps organs healthy. Without enough water our brain function decreases substantially and more basic tasks become more difficult.
Here are some of our creative ways you can increase your intake of water:
- water with a splash of fruit juice
- water chilled in the fridge with fresh fruit:
- strawberries, mint and lemon
- elderflower and lime
- crushed raspberries and blueberries
- kiwi, orange and strawberry
- chilled water with lemon and lime
- carbonated water with orange juice
- green tea
- peach tea
- tea with milk
- 100% pure coconut water (ensure no added sugar)
Some people find it hard to drink the recommended amount of water because they do not like the taste or find it a little boring. With a bit of imagination there are many ways you can stay hydrated and enjoy a variety of water -based healthy drinks!